Looking to try out a better way of shaving? You might just be surprised as to how effective safety razors are. Safety razors aren’t as popular these days as they were before. They have been replaced with costly razors like Mach 3, 4, 5, 6+ turbo and so on. Yet, safety razors still hold their own charm. While they aren’t as cost effective, they are safer and if you like the traditional way of shaving, quite the thing you need.
Setting Up a Safety Razor:
If you want to know how to shave with a safety razor, you need to know how to set it up first.
Safety razor doesn’t come as your use and throw razors. They have to assemble to use. For each use, they need to be assembled and to be cleaned properly.
You would find 3 parts in it. There is the head which covers the razor blade, the comb that equips the head and handle and the handle, useful for holding.
- Hold head, comb and unscrew it from the handle.
- Insert a brand new blade between the head and comb allowing the holes fit exactly fit between the comb and head.
- When you fit it, add the screw to it and screw it properly to fit.
- Your razor is now fit for use.
Preparing Yourself for Shave:
If you are looking how to shave with a safety razor, you need to be prepared. Before you going to shave, you must take some necessary steps to make your shave happy.
- Wash your face with warm water. It loosens the follicles of your beard hair, and mustache hair becomes more flexible for a shave.
- Use before shaving creams that set your type of skin. This will lather up which helps your hair to peel off easily.
- Take a pea sized cream on your hand and using a brush or hand, gently rub on your beard to lather. Add water if required.
Getting Over the Shave:
Here is what you need to do after you are done shaving.
- Collect your razor and damp it. Hold it to 300 and shave your beard hair with gentle strokes. Shave on the direction your hair grows to make easy shave.
- At times dip the razor in warm water to rinse it.
- Repeat the process until you have a clean shave.
- Use after shave lotion or cream to make sure you doesn’t have irritation on your skin.
- Apply moisturizer to give your skin nourishment which it lost during the process of a clean shave.
What Would You Love?
You can go with a regular safety razor and can save time and money. These are user-friendly and environment-friendly too. Two sides of this safety razor can be used. This is not tough on the skin either. All you need is to buy blades for your shave. Your match razors are hard on your skin, unlike safety razors. So without a second opinion, try changing to safety razors.